JUST IN: White House Responds To Trump’s Boeing Tweet & It Is ON POINT (STATEMENT)

Reasons Trump is against it: 1) Boeing said something that he didn’t like, 2) he’s not going to personally make any money on the deal (he previously sold his stock in Boeing) 3) it won’t have gold toilets, 4) He won’t get to use it because it won’t be ready until he is out of office. No wonder he is bankrupt so much if he cannot see a difference between 170 million and 4 billion…exaggeration is one thing but flat out lying is quite another.

According to BR On Tuesday, the White House issued a statement in defense of Boeing’s plans to construct a new Air Force One aircraft after President-elect Trump took to Twitter calling for the cancellation of the order.

‘Boeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!’

oeing is building a brand new 747 Air Force One for future presidents, but costs are out of control, more than $4 billion. Cancel order!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) December 6, 2016

According to the former business mogul, the $4 billion cost of the new aircraft is far too much. He told reporters he thinks “Boeing is doing a little bit of a number.”

During a flight to Tampa, Fl., White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters:

‘I think the American people would expect that future presidents would benefit from unique and upgraded capabilities while flying aboard Air Force One.’

According to Earnest, the 747-8 includes security enhancements that were recommended by national security experts. As well as serving as a mobile Oval Office, like all past Air Force One aircraft, the 747-8 will be more environmentally-friendly in an effort to cut down on carbon emissions.

The Obama administration initiated the planning stages of the new aircraft, but it’s up to the next administration to see the plans through, says Earnest:

‘The updated Air Force One is not set to come online until 2023. This is a longer-range plan, but ultimately the planning work that we have done on behalf of future presidents is something the next administration will have to decide to carry forward.’

In January the Pentagon announced that Boeing won the contract to replace the current Air Force One planes.

It seems, however, that Trump’s $4 billion figure may be a bit of an overestimation. According to Earnest:

‘[S]ome of the statistics that have been cited, shall we say, don’t appear to reflect the nature of the financial agreement between Boeing and the Department of Defense.’

Although the President-elect could very well be citing a true figure, nothing is set in stone in terms of costs of the new aircraft as the situation remains in the planning stages. According to a statement released Tuesday by Boeing, the company is “currently under contract for $170 million to help determine the capabilities of these complex military aircraft that serve the unique requirements of the President of the United States.”

According to Earnest, however, Boeing will be able to produce an aircraft “that President-elect Trump will be glad that he has.”

Feature Image via Getty Images. All rights reserved. Image has been modified from its original form.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *